We’ve done it again and although it is almost over, this has been another outstanding cycling season with excellent weather, our reliable membership stepping up to host regular rides and more than a few creative and amazing events. We’ll wrap it up for 2019 with our AGM, a little bit of business and then a feast and gathering among good friends to celebrate.
- Date: Saturday November 9th
- Time: 5:00 p.m.
- Location: Barb and John’s
- Dinner to be catered: $10/person, bring your own dishes, cutlery, beverage (and spouses if they’d like to join us!)
Membership and Waiver Forms
Membership and waiver forms for the 2020 season will be available for you to complete. If you prefer, print your own updated forms from our member section.
Nominations for Executive Positions
There is one executive position to be filled for next season:
2) Treasurer (2-year term)
Any club member may apply for this position, duties of which are outlined in the By-Laws. However, you are required to have another club member nominate you and another member second the nomination.
If you wish to be considered for this position, please send a confidential email to the club executive at email@example.com to express your interest on or before Thursday October 30, 2019. Please include the names of your nominator and seconder.
As this has been such a wonderful incident free season, we do not have a great deal of business to conduct at this AGM. We will send out an agenda closer to the date. If you have items you would like to propose we add, please email the executive by Thursday, October 30 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A couple of things to consider and be ready to act upon are:
- Safety Reminder Email. Please re-read the safety reminder email sent on September 26/19.
- Incorporation – Pros & Cons. One of the things we are going to ask you to consider is whether or not we want or need to incorporate. We will do a brief recap of the pros and cons and costs of the decision and get a general consensus on whether to pursue incorporation further.
- Website Documents. It is always a good idea prior to the AGM to have a look at the website. The Risk Management, Being a Freewheeler, Q&A are on the general webpages. By-Laws can all be found in the Insurance Policy & Membership Forms section. Minutes of the 2018 AGM are behind our password -protected member page.
Looking forward to celebrating a wonderful 2019 cycling season with you.