Brian is your host for Tuesday’s ride from Presqu’ile Park. He wants to make sure you read this and reserve your spot soon! See his detailed email invitation and instructions for making a day use reservation below.
The Ride: Next Tuesday’s ride will start at the picnic area in Presqu’ile Provincial Park, and it will follow the Presqu’ile Promise route listed under Brighton on the website. Since we are starting inside the park, rather than at Gosport, the rides are a couple of kilometres shorter than listed (54 and 38 km). You should know, however, that the long route is considerably hillier than the short route as the former takes in the dreaded Telephone Road!
How to Get There: After entering the park, follow the Day Use Area signs for 5 km. After 4 km you will arrive at the Lake Ontario shoreline, but keep going for a further 1 km until you see the picnic shelter on your left. Look to the right and you should see my car beside the lake. I plan to be there by 9 AM at the latest, and will likely have my picnic breakfast there!
You Need to Make a Day-Use Reservation! The good news is that you do not have to pay the usual $21 fee to use a provincial park for daytime use Mondays to Thursdays this year; the bad news is that you do need to make a reservation as they are limiting numbers due to Covid.
There needs to be one reservation per vehicle, and here’s what you need to do:
- No more than five days ahead of time (so not before Friday), go to www.ontarioparks.com.
- Click on Reservations (top menu bar), then on Reserve Online.
- If you have an Ontario parks Web account, click on Sign In (top menu bar) and enter your credentials. This will save you time at checkout.
- Click on Create Reservation and then on Day Use. Select the Park (Presqu’ile, obviously) and the Date (July 20th).
- From the map, click on Daily Vehicle Permit, and then click on July 20thagain. Click on Reserve.
- Check the two “Please Read and Acknowledge” boxes and then click the green Confirm Reservation Details button that should appear.
- The Shopping Cart should then appear with an amount of $0.
- Click the green Proceed to Checkout button and then on the green Confirm Acknowledgements button on the subsequent screen.
- Finally, click on the Confirm Booking button and your reservation number will appear! It is not a bad idea to “Print Confirmation Letter” (which you leave on your dashboard) as you can then bypass the gatehouse if it is busy. Don’t worry if you turn up without your confirmation number as they will have a list of the day’s reservations at the gatehouse.
- N.B.: If you do not already have an Ontario parks account, you will need to enter your name at some stage, but I am not sure where that is!)
Although this sounds complicated, it really isn’t. I think you will find the Website to be very intuitive.
I urge you to make a reservation even if you are not certain that you will be attending the ride. There is no charge to make it, and you will not be sent to jail if you do not turn up!
If it is a nice day you should consider joining us for the “apres events” even if you are not riding as this is such a nice location. Take in the boardwalk, take a stroll along the beach, birdwatch, read a book …..whatever! We typically finish riding sometime between 12 NOON and 1:00 PM.