Home » Ride Reminders » Riding from Cobourg – Friday, June 18

Riding from Cobourg – Friday, June 18

Barb

Although the forecast for Friday is for rain, there is always the chance that it will change or clear later in the day. We are optimistically planning a Friday ride, starting at 5:00 p.m. from Donegan Park, south of King Street East on D’Arcy Street, Cobourg.

All of the Covid procedures we are now so good at will be followed. If there are more than 10 in attendance we will divide into two groups.

We will use a route loosely based on the East Danforth route, changed to start at the park.

Maps with possible alternate routes (such as avoiding famous hills) will be provided.

A distanced circle picnic, or two circles of 10 or less, will follow, again, weather permitting.

1. Brian says:

Thank you so much for doing this, Barb. I really appreciate it. However, I am not going to make it. Uncle Doug allowed me to camp in Quebec, so I did! Home late Friday or Saturday,
    Brian

2. Jennifer says:

Are people booked for Sun. If it rains those not scheduled in for Father’s Day festivities could do a rain date 10 am Sun. Barb?? Just a thought as now saying 90% chance of rain Friday on my channel…..we can ponder it based on tomorrow’s weather!

3. Barbara Spencer says:

Might be a good idea, Jennifer. I’ll watch the weather tomorrow and ‘call it if it really looks like rain. A Sunday ride might be good.

4. Barbara Spencer says:

Weather forecast didn’t change and looks pretty wet and miserable for the day. I’ve decided to call the ride but would like to take Jennifer up on her suggestion that we ride on Sunday for anyone available. Let’s start at 10:30 at Donegan Park. Looks like a nice day so we can have a picnic afterwards.

5. Jennifer says:

I shall ride Sunday. Andy is noncommittal at the moment. Figures though sun is now out here at 4…….aah well!

6. BrianH says:

I am not going to ride on Sunday as I had my second Covid jab today (Saturday) and you all know what happened to me when I rode hard the day after my first one 🙂 Also packing to head off on Monday morning!

A small but mighty group of 7 made it out for our Father’s Day ride of 60 k. Thank you Barb for organizing us & TJ for the peloton down Shelter Valley Rd. (Ahem is that the correct term even??).