Ganaraska Freewheelers Cycling Club

Home » Ride Reminders » Riding from Garden Hill – Tuesday, September 29

Riding from Garden Hill – Tuesday, September 29

Sue and Marshall will be leading us on this Tuesday’s ride.

They are inviting you to meet them at the Garden Hill Conservation Park on County Road 9 in Garden Hill at 10:00 and join them on a fun and safe 9 kms descent down County Road 10 from Perrytown to Canton followed by a few twists and turns (and maybe a few hills) over to Newtonville and back to Garden Hill for an end of ride social in the park.

Here’s a map (both paper and electronic) for this amazing 56 K fall ride. Lots of opportunity to shorten the route if need be.

Wednesday rain date also planned if Mother Nature doesn’t cooperate on Tuesday.


11 Comments

  1. bradyperkin says:

    Great idea …..we shall ride and picnic.

    Like

  2. Brian says:

    I came home for Saturday night, but now I am heading to Silent Lake for a couple of nights. The colours are amazing this year 😊 I hope it doesn’t rain on you on Tuesday. I will think of you 🚴🏻‍♀️😊🚴🏻‍♀️

    Like

  3. Peter says:

    Ruth and I plan to ride.

    Like

  4. Gail Lupton says:

    I plan on riding Tuesday

    Like

  5. Lilianne Denis says:

    Barry and i will be there.

    Like

  6. Barbara Spencer says:

    John will be riding. I’d just like to remind everyone that, in view of the recent surge in Covid19 cases and that our fellow riders may have recently relaxed their visiting rules with friends and family, please review the Freewheelers Response to Covid-19 attached to the Waiver. We aren’t limited to 10 and under but everything else is pertinent. Please be safe and careful everyone.

    Like

  7. Paul Buttimor says:

    I plan to be there but not 100% sure. I did a harder ride than I planned today and now I am paying for it. Amazing weather and leaf colours today.

    Like

  8. Marshall says:

    Ride is on! Current forecast says cloudy with some sun, 17 degrees, 20 to 30 % chance of rain which means 70% chance of no rain. Dress warmly for after ride picnic. See you in Garden Hill.

    Like

  9. bradyperkin says:

    What a great ride ….thx Marshal & Sue. Those Toasted Walnut butter tarts were wonderful Glennis & so nice to see you again too.

    Like

  10. Marshall says:

    A fun time was had by all – Marshall, Sue, Gail, John, Jennifer and Andy, Ruth and Peter, Lilianne and Barry and Glennis joined our after ride picnic and treated us to some yummy butter tarts for dessert.

    Special note, it was Glennis’ first time out this season and she gave her signed Covid-19 waiver to Ride Leader Marshall who forgot to file it with the Ex. He’ll pass it on next ride.

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Enter your email address to follow the Ganaraska Freewheelers' website and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 68 other followers

%d bloggers like this: