Home » Uncategorized » Riding from Port Hope Town Hall – Tuesday, April 17

Riding from Port Hope Town Hall – Tuesday, April 17

Eight fearless riders bundled up for Tuesday’s ride this week. Yes it was cold but so very worth it. We missed you!

Next Tuesday, Klaus will host, starting from the Port Hope Town Hall.

Route will be Le Tour de Cobourg. Options to avoid McEwen (along with Hill 60!) and/or Bickle Hill. In fact for those who would prefer to avoid all hills this early in the season there is always the alternative to just do an out and back between Port Hope and Cobourg along highway 2.

Lunch will be at Nookies on Ontario Street across from the LCBO.

1. Sue Pott says:

I’ll be there – if it’s not raining. Or snowing. 🙂

Me too. Once we get closer to the day, I will determine if there might be interest in doing the ride the following day…if the weather is good?? Although, I wouldn’t be able to do the lunch that day.

I”ll be there if the weather co-operates. Great picture. Is Richard having a nap?

4. vivian says:

I will ride and stay for lunch if the weather cooperates.
    I think Richard is figuring out how to get his feet warm in the photo.

(The Winter of 2018 will eventually end………..)

The April rain, the April rain,
    Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
    Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
    And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
    And in grey shaw and woodland bowers
    The cuckoo through the April rain
    Calls once again.

Liked by 2 people

• kschroeder1 says:

APRIL is the cruellest month, breeding
      Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
      Memory and desire, stirring
      Dull roots with spring rain.
      Winter kept us warm, covering
      Earth in forgetful snow, feeding
      A little life with dried tubers.

I’ve pretty much decided that tomorrow’s ride is a “washout” but will post a final decision by 8:00. Wednesday is no longer an option for me. If there is interest (such as more than 5 or 6) in just Lunch at Nookies tomorrow (https://www.nookiesph.com/specials/) let me know and I can call and make a reservation.

OK, not much of a surprise but today’s ride is officially cancelled. I just got back from driving most of it and the roads are wet, icy and dirty, especially the hilly bits.
    Let me know if a reservation for lunch is of interest to warrant a reservation.

• bhedney says:

I am surprised that you would need to drive the route to call the ride off, Klaus. I would have cancelled it after looking out the window at my snow covered street. Hmmm..maybe there’s skiing again in the Forest!
      Now, it is looking good for Friday’s ride 🙂

• Sue Pott says:

Did you go skiing, Brian?
        And you and Klaus are either amazing poets or you both forgot to give credit to whoever wrote those poems. 🙂

7. Barbara Spencer says:

Thanks for trying Klaus. We will get on with other projects and maybe drag the wind trainers out.

Good try Klaus. Our driveway is covered in ice with some snow on top. Lots of work to do today to get the drive cleared and cars on the road depending on things warming up a bit. Our Tuesday rides are all booked to the end of May. Please grab a date in June to try this particular ride again if your time allows it.

Too funny Klaus……I skied this AM!

10. jenp83 says:

I got in an amazing ski today! Nothing like spring skiing👍