If you’ve never ridden with the Ganaraska Freewheelers, we encourage you to join us in 2018 for a Tuesday morning or Friday evening group ride. Especially if you:
- Live in or near the Port Hope/Cobourg area
- Think that a 2-3 hour recreational road bike ride a couple times a week is a fine way to stay fit and enjoy the great outdoors
- Want to discover some of the best cycling routes Southern Ontario has to offer
- Enjoy sharing the sweet taste of cycling with other like-minded cyclists
- Appreciate the chance to exchange those hard-earned calories burned for an apres-ride food and drink social
We are a social non-competitive cycling club in Northumberland County. We ride Tuesday mornings, Friday evenings and occasional weekend mornings. Our members take turns hosting rides, which means we enjoy a variety of scenery and start locations from Newcastle to Trenton and from the Lake Ontario waterfront to Peterborough. We generally ride 30 to 60 kilometres at a moderate pace and reward ourselves with an after-ride social at a restaurant, member home or park.
Our season opens on Easter Friday, March 30. Here are just a few of our special events planned for the 2018 season:
- The Port Hope Blossom ride that winds through the area’s most fragrant apple and lilac blossom trees at their peak
- The Golden Beach Resort ride with three of the best downhills in the area offering spectacular views of Rice Lake
- The Good, The Bad and the Waffle ride, followed by homemade savoury and sweet waffles and local maple syrup
- The Wobbly Tour of wineries in the Picton area, followed by lunch at Casa Dea Estates Winery
- Annual Thanksgiving Potluck with an unforgettable smorgasbord of traditional and trendy delights
- Weekend cycling tour to Ottawa, taking in our Nation’s capital’s extensive bike trail network and the beautiful Gatineau Park
Already a member? Download our 2018 Brochure and share it with a friend!