Home » Ride Reminders » Cycling from Cobourg – Tuesday, April 23

Cycling from Cobourg – Tuesday, April 23

Vivian is hosting our first Tuesday ride of the season following the Millers ride from the Mill in Cobourg.

A note from your host:

I have ridden Payne a few times this spring and it is hard packed dirt. Crossen is closed so we will stay on #15. Cornish Hollow also has some hardpacked dirt areas but I have ridden it. Please print a map from the website. See you at 10am ready to ride!


  1. Brian Neale says:

    Will there be a flat ride for the less adventurous?


  2. bradyperkin says:

    We shall be hoping to ride the shorter route as not been out much.


  3. jenp83 says:

    Cornish Hollow is all gravely as is Payne. We did a ride yesterday and took alternative roots after hitting many sink holes on both of these roads. Fenders and 32’s might be a solution.


    • vivian says:

      I have 28 s and no fenders and have ridden these roads several times in the last 4 weeks with no problems and saw no sinkholes


  4. BrianH says:

    I plan to be there for the ride.


  5. kschroeder1 says:

    I plan to ride but I’m not ready for the Miller’s Ride this early in the season. So, if the weather cooperates, I will start out at The Mill and head south to the Waterfront Trail, then east through New Amherst and north on Theatre Road, East on Telephone Road and over to Ontario St. At that point I/we,( if there is a we) will decide to go up towards Cornish Hollow and beyond and back and down Division North which would make it about 30 or so Km. I will not be able to stay for lunch.


  6. Wilfried Elzner says:

    I plan on riding. Should it rain I would do a rain date if anyone is interested call me any time.


  7. Ruth says:

    I plan to ride if it’s not raining.


  8. Marshall says:

    I plan to ride weather permitting. Not sure on lunch yet..


  9. Jennifer says:

    I won’t be riding after all either as not feeling well. Andy will if weather decent.


  10. vivian says:

    The weather network has delayed the rain until mid day on Tuesday I will check the radar at 8am and decide if the ride is cancelled or not. I checked the route today it is 99% dry with lots of opportunities to cut the route short.


  11. Marshall says:

    Change of plans for me, not able to bike tomorrow rain or shine. Our grandson has been sick the last few days and is not able to go to school for rest of this week. Nannie and Grampa are stepping up so Mommy can go to work. Luckily I got a great ride in this afternoon. Hopefully I’ll be able to fit another one in sometime this week.


  12. kschroeder1 says:

    I won’t be riding tomorrow.


  13. Barbara Spencer says:

    John and I plan to be there. Riding depends on weather.


  14. vivian says:

    Radar shows some rain at noon but hopefully we can get a ride in. See everyone at the Mill.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Enter your email address to follow the Ganaraska Freewheelers' website and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 68 other subscribers
%d bloggers like this: