The Ganaraska Freewheelers Annual General Meeting will be held at the home of Sue Pott on Saturday, November 18, 2017. See calendar entry for Sue’s address and directions on where to park.
Members are invited to arrive around 5:00 p.m. for some socializing prior to the meeting. Membership and waiver forms for the 2018 season will be available for you to complete. If you prefer, print your own updated forms from the member section.
The actual AGM meeting starts at 6:00 p.m. followed by food catered by the Fire Hall Bistro. Please remember to bring your $10 contribution.
Please read the minutes of last year’s AGM that are available for viewing in the membership section of our website. This saves time at our AGM.
The agenda is below. If you have any additional items, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2017 Club Executives & Volunteers
2017 Club Executive:
- President: Willy Elzner (continuing in 2018)
- Secretary: Ruth Louden (continuing in 2018)
- Treasurer: Turney Wong (stepping down)
- Vice President: Harold Wontorra (continuing in 2018)
Other Volunteer Positions:
- Marshall Johnstone – Ride Coordinator – Tuesday (continuing in 2018)
- Sue Pott – Ride Coordinator – Friday (Joining Marshall for Tuesdays in 2018)
- Doug Barlow – Ride Coordinator – (stepping down)
- Vivian Vandenhazel – Welcome Committee (continuing in 2018)
- Barb Spencer – Welcome Committee (continuing in 2018)
2017 AGM Agenda
- Treasurer’s Report (Turney & Willy) + Discussion of +80 free memberships
- Friday Rides Report (Doug and Sue) + Discussion of options and opportunities
- Tuesday Rides Report (Marshall)
- Welland Tour Report (Marshall) + Discussion of interest in 2018 tour
- New member welcome and plans for member recruitment in coming year (Willy)
- Club Identity Discussion (Willy & Ruth)
- Executive & Volunteer positions to be filled; voting to take place for nominees:
- Treasurer: Richard Pike
- Friday Ride Coordinators: Brian Hedney & Peter Reitknecht
- Volunteer acknowledgement (Willy)
- YMCA 2-week Membership, website survey, tipsheet and workshop schedule (Ruth)
- New Year’s Celebration (Jacquie & Brian)
- Photo contest winners and slide show (Willy)
- Adjourn meeting
Food & Fun
Following our feast, we have a fun game planned for you. Hope you can stay around for it!
And remember to bring:
- Slippers (as floors can be cold)
- Plates, cutlery and beverages
- $10 for food
- Printed application forms and waivers, along with $50 cheque or cash for next year’s membership
- Cash for your photo contest entries
- Any items left behind at your potluck that might be reunited with their owner