Home » Uncategorized » A New Year’s Invitation

A New Year’s Invitation

Will you ring in the new year at Jacquie & Brian’s? Please comment on their invitation if you plan to join in the fun.

We are inviting you all to join us in welcoming New Year 2018 into our home on December 31. We will start gathering at 5:pm in order to enjoy a pot luck dinner in our well-established way – with only appetizers. Bring your favourite finger food to be shared with everyone (no knife and fork stuff). (K – I heard you !! Chicken on the 30th will not be acceptable!)

At 7:pm we will celebrate with the sounds of Big Ben at London U.K.midnight, thanks to the continued magic of our own Brian H., who started this tradition several years ago for a group of invited friends. It is still not a scheduled GFW event.

For anyone not familiar, this is an easygoing evening, much like our regular after ride gatherings but with a different approach to dinner – dancing pumps not required but please bring the usual utensils for your eating/drinking pleasure.

See you there

Jacquie and Brian

1. Brenda Smith says:

Wayne and I will be there to join in the festivities!!

2. Harold says:

I may show up if possible, If not, I sincerely wish you, my dear friends, a wonderful safe and healthy cycling/hiking season. After this rollercoaster year a big THANKS for your support and boost to keep old Harold going.
    B.t.w. After trying it for the 13th time, I hung up my skates last Fri. for good.
    BUT…We can still ski / snowshoe / hike / and CycloCross here at ForgetRd..

3. Harold says:

AND CHRISTMAS BLESSINGS, from ForgetRd.

I am heading home from sunny Arizona today in order to make this wonderful event – and I will even bring Big Ben with me!

Andy & I would love to join in the festivities unless we get snowed in or some such……skied 7 days in a row already. Fantastic….. compared to the icy conditions last winter. Happy Christmas to all & sundry.

I would love to be there, Jacquie and Brian. Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone 🙂 ….. we’re looking forward to sharing Big Ben festivities! Thank you Brian and Jacquie.

8. Elizabeth Fellows says:

I plan on coming

9. Paul Buttimor says:

We plan on being there (unless the car is frozen solid)….Paul & Wanda

10. M and Pretty M will be coming.
    May we ask people to bring jigsaw puzzles so we will do a puzzle swap.
    Brian will do a jig, and Jacqui will swap him!