Home » Uncategorized » Ride Reminder – Friday, May 5

Ride Reminder – Friday, May 5

Join us for a ride next Friday starting from the Port Hope Town Hall at 5:30. We’ll follow the Racetrack Ramble which has a total distance of 46 kilometres if you do the full route.

If you plan to ride, please comment before 10:00 a.m. on Friday to let riders know you’re eager to get your legs in gear and take in the beautiful Northumberland Hills scenery. So far the weather is looking sunny but you’ll want to wear your leggings. If that pattern changes and we’re rained out, we’ll offer up a rain date alternative of Saturday at 10.

Note that the month of May has only one host so far – to fill the rest of our dance card for May, we need two more hosts – one for the 12th and one for the 19th. If you’re interested, contact Sue – her email address is in the calendar entry for each ride.

Remember that hosting is simple – you just need to pick a date on the calendar, select a route and suggest an apres-ride activity – that can range from tailgate picnic, to an ice cream parlour visit to a potluck in the park or your home.

Looking forward to seeing you on the Ramble.

This is a route that we haven’t done for a few years. There are several places where the ride can be shortened – Danforth / Williamson is one possibility. Depending upon what I get up to this week, I may update the map with a couple of shortcuts!

2. Sue Pott says:

I can’t do Friday’s ride this week.

3. BrianH says:

I have my canoe ready 🙂

I’ll be in SUNNY Edinburgh!

5. Barb Spencer says:

We could get the kayaks down! Jen your canoe too?

6. Peter says:

I think we will catch up on what’s new on netflix tonight. However Tuesday is looking promising.

7. Elizabeth Fellows says:

I won’t be riding. I am too busy building an ark.